The primary objective of the Mentor Chair is to create programs for the benefit of all club members, using the talent and expertise of advanced club members willing to mentor. The Mentor Chair holds a voting position on the Loveland Photographic Society (LPS) Board of Directors, and should make every effort to attend all board meetings (six scheduled per year: first Tuesday of odd months) to help direct the club in the decision making process.
- Obtaining information from the member profiles to create a list of members willing to mentor.
- Obtaining information from the member profiles or polling members to see what needs the general membership has, and to create programs to fulfill those needs.
- Be willing to assist mentors in their programs.
- Make the general membership aware of programs that will be offered.
- Communicate with the Webmaster, publicity and newsletter chairs to let them know of upcoming programs, and report on any programs that take place.
- Coordinate with the field trip chair to combine outings with mentors.
There is no set time commitment. The chair has the option to obtain all commitments by email or phone. There is no set number of programs. The number of programs should be gauged by the needs of the club, and the mentors willing to participate.
Mentoring programs help educate and inspire. Through these programs, the club will help participating members improve their photographic skills. Personal benefits include getting to help other members obtain these goals while furthering personal interests in the field of photography.