The primary objective of the Projectionist is to project digital images for monthly competitions. The Projectionist is also responsible for setup of equipment that will be used in competitions. Although the Projectionist does not hold a voting position on the Loveland Photographic Society (LPS) Board of Directors, the chairperson should make every effort to attend all board meetings (six scheduled per year: first Tuesday of odd months) to help direct the club in the decision making process.
- Set up equipment for club competitions.
- Have knowledge of how to download competition images from the internet website and have them ready for judging.
- Know the rules and guidelines for judging so as to assist judges with any questions.
- Project digital images at club competitions.
- Assist in the presentation of prints that are entered in club competitions.
- Is a member of the Competition Committee to help direct decisions related to club competitions.
There is no set time commitment. The chair is generally expected to attend all functions where an LPS Competition is to be judged or find a replacement when not available.
LPS members benefit seeing the work of fellow members, and can improve their own images by taking note of how images are judged. Personal benefits include getting to know other members while furthering personal interests in the field of photography.