The primary objective of the Treasurer is to account for all income and expenditures of the Society. The Treasurer holds a voting position on the Loveland Photographic Society (LPS) Board of Directors, and should make every effort to attend all board meetings (six scheduled per year: first Tuesday of odd months) to help direct the club in the decision making process.
Basic Duties: (The Treasurer)
- Acts as the primary accountant for the Society.
- Collects dues for membership renewal when due.
- Collects dues from new members.
- Pursues the collection of dues from delinquent members and recommends the loss of membership for non-payment of dues. (Obtained from Membership Chair)
- Submits monthly reports on the financial condition of the club.
- Obtains a means of collecting monies for special events. (PayPal/Credit card machine)
- Files an annual report with the IRS to maintain the Societies nonprofit status.
- Files an annual report with the State of Colorado to retain the Societies nonprofit status with the state.
- Provides the successor of the office all the financial records of the Society, which are audited at the end of each year by the LPS board of directors or audit committee.
There is no set time commitment. It is generally acknowledged that the Treasurer will attend all general meetings and all board meetings whenever possible. The Secretary will assume these duties whenever the Treasurer is unavailable.
Good accounting helps the club determine the need and means for generating income and helps the club stay solvent. Personal benefits include getting to know other members while furthering personal interests in the field of photography.